Thursday, March 24, 2011

ikea and black and blue fingers

3 things I need to remember about Ikea.....(1) I cannot just "run in" to get something (2) the boxes are always heavier than I think or remember (3) the great price of Ikea is off set by the fact that my fingers were black and blue after using an allen wrench for a few hours.

They do have some great stuff, but you do have to be willing to do the whole self serve thing....writing down the aisle and bin number, getting it off the shelf, maneuvering their "sliding" carts through the checkout lines and the parking lot, loading up your car (hoping that everything fits!!!) and then somehow managing to get it into your house........and then you can sit down and begin the adventure of putting it together.  I must admit the directions are very easy to follow and generally come with all the tools you need. 

No comments: