Friday, April 22, 2011

yard sale saturday

I've been waiting all week, but I've been so busy these things have not made it out of the trunk of my car until today!

I love the thrill of digging for treasures at a garage sale.  I started off last Saturday morning at a "Attic Treasures" sale to benefit a local museum.  It was packed!  I saw a few great chairs that I would have loved to have taken home and refinished and fixed up, but the whole condo living without a garage hindered that idea (again).

I ended up only spending five bucks for these 2 beautiful Milk of Magnesia medicine bottles from 1906.


Next stop, a moving sale.  I did a little wheeling and dealing to get a good price on these 2 items.  I love this little thing! I think I'll buy some flower seeds and turn the glasses into a planter.


These wood crates caught my eye.  I bought 4 to start off with.  They had 15 more in the basement that they were currently using for storage but were willing to get rid of them.  I'm waiting for them to call me back --- hope they haven't changed their mind! I'm going to use these as books shelves for a vacant corner in my office/guest room.  

No comments: